Senior Brand Strategist | SF
March 04, 2021
Character is a San Francisco and New York-based brand strategy and design agency building and partnering with some of the world's most renowned and revered brands, including Nike, Netflix, Instagram and Tom Ford. We're also known for our expertise in launching new businesses and brands - many of our clients are early-stage companies with inspiring visions to change the lives of their consumers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can succeed. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our products and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Character is an agency of dentsu.
Character is seeking a Senior Strategist who appreciates great storytelling as much as the research behind the narrative. We love smart, curious people with eclectic backgrounds who appreciate good design and great storytelling.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building and defining brands from the ground up. They will bring a fresh perspective and an ability to uncover truths and find insights that authentically ground a brand. You should love exploring cultures, categories and people across industries and contexts.
Working with our team of designers and writers, you will be responsible for marshaling bold and transformative strategies. You will be taking complex and sometimes disparate information and threading together simple, impactful and emotive brand stories. The Senior Strategist will report to the Head of Strategy.
We want to hear from you if you…
- Have 5+ years of experience in Brand Strategy, Creative Strategy or Design Strategy
- Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Can write, research, and analyze information to create brand positioning and branding elements.
- Have strong presentation and facilitation abilities, are able to confidently lead clients through an argument or point-of-view
- Be a voracious reader and consumer of culture
- Are a true collaborator, comfortable working closely with a team from product inception through to production
- Are comfortable reviewing and/or conducting primary research
- Are proactive, organized and can manage multiple moving projects at once
We offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including unlimited paid time off, medical, dental, and vision. We strive to create a collaborative, creative and fun environment where everyone feels excited to be a part of our studio.