Senior Copywriter | SF + NY
December 12, 2019
Character is looking for a Senior Copywriter to work closely with our strategy, program management, and design teams to build robust verbal identities, naming, and copywriting.
The right candidate is a highly strategic and collaborative thinker who’s comfortable managing deadlines across multiple projects concurrently, while writing in multiple voices. Ideally, you can think conceptually, structure thinking logically for non-writers, and maintain high creative quality in a fast-paced environment. You’re eager to see your words (or the words your guidance inspires) across a variety of mediums including digital, print, packaging, and experiential applications.
You have a healthy fascination with culture and technology and a fluency in the shifting nature of language in today’s world. You also have a knack for communicating complex verbal concepts clearly to any audience, whether it’s your team, a brand’s internal writers, or an external audience. You enjoy working with a team but also thrive independently. Lastly, you are curious and eager to dive into new projects with enthusiasm and wit.
- Comfort with multi-tasking and switching between projects
- Verbal identity framework development that includes articulation and tactical guidance around voice traits, key messaging, and brand stewardship
- Naming development that includes leadership over the entire naming process, from generation to shortlisting to finalizing
- Concept development, writing and editing, with involvement throughout the entire process to final production
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and incorporate feedback
- Detail-oriented: punctuation, spelling, structure and organization
- Leader to mid-level copywriters and ability to help cross-disciplinary teammates grow their critical verbal/writing skills
- Close partnership with strategy leads and teammates
- Reports to NY Associate Director of Strategy and Character’s Head of Strategy, who oversees both the strategy and verbal practice
- 5+ years experience developing verbal identities (voice and messaging), naming, and copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, or Communications preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Competitive salary
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k matching
- Unlimited vacation time
- Innovative projects and amazing clients
- Wellness corporate discounts