Senior Designer | SF
March 11, 2020
Character is hiring a Senior Designer to help us build brands for our clients through thoughtfully crafted content, engaging experiences, and end-to-end systems and campaigns. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of designers, strategists, writers, and will be working directly with Creative Directors. Senior Designers serve a vital role — from the craft and finish of every detail on branding systems, to creating and crafting designs for multiple consumer-facing touchpoints. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback.
Experience creating complex, smart branding systems and web design is key—it’s an added bonus if you have animation knowledge to really bring your work to life. The ideal candidate for the role is proactive and is passionate about collaborating and learning from the other creative team members.
Character has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inquisitive, inventive and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, hardworking and collaborative. If this sounds like you and Character may be the right home for you, why not say hello?
- Ideate compelling ideas and develop those ideas into tangible design solutions
- Work and lead team of Designers to ideate and develop design concepts
- Presenting concepts and creative ideas to internal teams and clients
- Create identity system, packaging, business application system, collateral, event signage, websites, mobile app
- Work collaboratively with Creative Directors, Design Directors, Program Managers, Strategists, clients and vendors
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- 5 years experience in a graphic design role, agency or in-house design team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates beautiful and strategic creative solutions
- Solid design fundamentals: typography, composition, color, layout and relentless attention to detail
- Experience in brand building and establishing a brand platform
- Experience in designing for both print and digital
- Proficient in Adobe CC Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch. C4D and AfterEffects is a bonus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Enthusiasm, drive, passion and a curious mind
We offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits packaging including paid time off, medical, dental, vision and 401k. We strive to create a collaborative, creative and fun environment where everyone feels excited to be a part of our studio.