Senior Designer | NY
October 20, 2020
Character is a San Francisco and New York-based brand strategy and design agency building and partnering with some of the world's most renowned and revered brands, including Nike, Netflix, Instagram and Tom Ford. We're also known for our expertise in launching new businesses and brands - many of our clients are early-stage companies with inspiring visions to fundamentally change the lives of their consumers.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to guide positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Character is an agency of dentsu.
Now, we're looking for a Senior Designer that is not just imaginative and has a talent for beautiful craft, but is also a systems-thinker that can build powerful identities from our strategy work. You will report to the Creative Directors in the New York office.
- Produce compelling ideas and develop them into tangible design solutions across digital, experiential, offline media, and beyond
- Create craft at scale, bringing story and system together
- Present concepts and creative ideas to our teams and clients
- Work with an accomplished team of strategists, designers, writers, program managers, developers, AR specialists, motion designers, and more
- Work on multiple projects from concept to completion
- 4+ years experience in a graphic design role, agency or in-house design team environment
- A portfolio that shows beautiful and strategic creative solutions
- Mastery of the design fundamentals: typography, composition, color, and layout.
- Experience in brand system building and establishing a brand platform
- Proficiency in Adobe CC Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Client-facing presentation skills
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, drive, and a love of learning
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and many other additional benefits
- 401k matching
- Flexible Time-Off
- Wellness corporate discounts
- Home-office reimbursement for desks and internet